Friday, March 3, 2017

Another Pushki

I like the first pushki I build so much I decided to dig out the other 2d cannon I bought years ago and build another unit.

The base is a 3x4 plastic construct using the WHFB basing kit.  Gaps in the border and gaps between the 20mm bases were filled with P3 modelling putty instead of squadron white stuff - easier to work with, better at filling large gaps, and far less smelly. I then used a good sized file and put a thin coat of white stuff over everything to smooth it all out.  The base then was covered with the same terrain as I've been using plus the barrel and 3 cannonballs from the WHFB Empire cannon plastic set.

A couple of side views:


The crew was constructed on the same general principle as the last one - a mix of Nuln and Kislev type figures with some amount of kit-bashing.



I like this figure a lot.  It was an old Citadel figure, I think from the Marauder era.  He was originally holding a spear, which I cut away and replaced with a plastic ramrod from the Empire plastic artillery kit.  I then modified the sponge (which is just smooth plastic) by coating it in white stuff, to make it look like an actual sponge.  I particularly like the pants, which have an "Empire" feel. The blue is a bit different than white I normally do - it is "the Fang" washed with Secret Weapon Wash "blue/black."  I was hoping it would look more smoky and dirty than other blue covered areas and it did, a little, but that is hard to see in the picture, so that wasn't entirely satisfactory.



The commander is a Mordheim Kislevite - I had one too many for my 28 man bodyguard, so I transferred this fellow to the artillery.  His left hand is the unique feature.  The match is the match from the Empire plastic artillery set, but that match is held in a right hand on the sprue.  I cut the match away and glued it to a left hand taken from the Empire Militia/Free Company box, specifically, the hand holding a bow.  The angle of that hand allowed the match to be held at an angle that approximates someone lighting off a cannon.


This fellow is a metal figure from the old Empire metal cannon set, painted in the livery of the City of Nuln.

No comments:

Post a Comment